Phillips screws are very common in our daily life, but it cannot prevent them from rusting and is difficult to disassemble. Here are some solutions:
1. Soaking: Use rust remover or kerosene to soak the nut, and unscrew it after soaking.
2. Vibration: For rusty Phillips screws, do not forcefully twist them with a wrench, so as not to damage the screw head or wrench. The handle of the wrench can be shaken gently, which can usually loosen the rusty Phillips screw.
3. Tapping: Tapping the rusted nut with the edge of a square hammer will loosen it. For the bolts and nuts at both ends of the bicycle pedal, you can tap the cast iron part with greater force, and tap the plastic part lightly. If knocking still doesn’t work, you can knock the nut in a circular motion along the direction, and the nut can often be easily removed.
4. Grilling + dripping oil: For severely rusted Phillips screws, the above method is still ineffective, and the “fire attack” method can be used. Grill the screws and nuts well using a gas welding oxidizing flame, then drizzle with a drizzle of oil. The purpose of heating the Phillips screw is to make it thermally expand, which makes it easier to remove.
With the development of the industry, the demand for high-strength screws is getting higher and higher. However, there are still some common problems with high-strength screws in China.
1. The load and wedge load are not in compliance with the regulations: The load and wedge load are important indicators for evaluating the mechanical properties of the product under tensile load. Especially important for high-strength screws. If the index value does not meet the specifications, plastic deformation may occur, resulting in a reduction in preload and loosening of the connection.
The wedge load test is used to evaluate the compressive strength and head-rod connection strength of bolt products. If the index does not meet the requirements, it may crack or loosen when subjected to heavy loads, especially impact loads or partial loads at the support point, resulting in connection failure or even safety accidents.
2. Insufficient strength: Strength is the main index to evaluate the mechanical properties of high-strength screws. The raw materials used in the products of different performance levels are different. When selecting high-strength screws, the level of mechanical properties is an important reference. When assembling and using, the working load and installation torque requirements should be specified according to the performance level.
Post time: Jul-18-2023